Dr. Becca Taylor becomes a commission member for the Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
B’s Chiropractic is excited to announce that Dr. Becca Taylor has been appointed to the Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission (CQAC).
The role of this Washington-based commission is to promote the delivery of quality healthcare to the residents of the state. It does this by regulating the competency and quality of professional healthcare providers under its jurisdiction. CQAC accomplishes this mandate through a variety of activities working with the Department of Health and their Health Systems Quality Assurance program.
The goal of any regulatory board or commission is to regulate and ensure quality. This is no different for the CQAC.
The members of the commission regulate and monitor healthcare providers under their jurisdiction and make sure they are in compliance with the best standards of care.
The CQAC has the public’s best interest at heart. For this reason, they strive to establish qualifications and education requirements for the licensing of chiropractors. They actively work together as an innovative team, developing and implementing new policies that will promote quality health care and practice.
They also serve as reviewing members on disciplinary cases and hearing panels.
Responsibilities and Duties
Dr. Becca is one of eleven chiropractors and three public commission members of CQAC. She will be responsible for assessing and investigating patient complaints and holding other chiropractic healthcare providers accountable.
These individuals are the leading force in innovation in Washington state. They develop rules, policies, and procedures that promote quality healthcare to state residents. They achieved this by utilizing various members of the chiropractic community and the public to ensure a balance of accountability.
Along with these responsibilities are the duties of:
- Establishing qualifications for minimal competency to grant or deny licensure of chiropractors.
- Regulating the competency and quality of professional healthcare providers under its jurisdiction by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing qualifications for licensure.
- Establishing and monitoring compliance with continuing education requirements.
- Ensuring consistent standards of practice.
- Developing continuing competency mechanisms.
- Assessing, investigating, and making recommendations related to complaints.
- Serving as reviewing members on disciplinary cases and serving on disciplinary hearing panels.
- Serving as members of standing committees, when appointed.
- Developing rules, policies, and procedures that promote the delivery of quality healthcare to state residents.
The CQAC along with its partners strive to ensure the public is met with the highest standard of care and practice. They value diversity by incorporating a diverse team of public members and chiropractors on this commission to continue providing the best quality of care to Washingtonians.
We are proud of Dr. Becca’s appointment to the Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission. Her desire to help in this role is reflective of her commitment at B’s Chiropractic, in ensuring that patients receive the greatest care possible so they can live healthier, more active lives. Dr. Becca takes great pride in her ability to be at the forefront of patient care, the community’s well-being, and quality of life for everyone, now extending to all of Washington.
Congratulations, Dr. Becca!