Certifications | Accreditations
- Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)
- Functional Range Conditioning mobility specialist (FRCms)
- Functional Range Release Practitioner (FRR)
- Strong First Kettlebell Instructor
- CPR/AED Certified
- Postural Restoration Institute (PRI)
What drove you to choose this profession?
I’ve always been interested in and fascinated by the relationship between human movement and exercise. This is what drove me to become a certified athletic trainer. Because of this, I initially focused on sports medicine, working directly with athletes on and off the field to help with their movements during exercise, allowing them to better understand their bodies and perform optimally. After graduating, I transitioned my focus and experience of working with athletes to the clinical setting. Now, I enjoy working alongside chiropractors to help with movement challenges and provide athletic training to a variety of patients.
Schooling and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training from San Jose State University
- Two seasons of athletic training internship with the San Francisco 49ers
- Two seasons of athletic training internship with the San Jose Earthquakes
- 6+ years as an athletic trainer in the chiropractic setting
What is the ultimate goal you want for your clients?
My goal is to teach patients how to move their joints and body better, helping each gain independence in daily life through exercise. I also want to give patients lifelong tools to take care of their own bodies.
What do you love to do outside of the practice?
While I enjoy providing athletic training and exercises for patients, I also love to exercise. When
I’m not exercising, some of my hobbies are cooking, running, hiking, backpacking, camping, and snowboarding.